As HealthPartner's web development process shifted to agile, their user experience team had to adapt, FAST. They didn't want to decrease their time devoted to producing quality experiences, so they looked for a method that would allow for great UX work at a faster pace. They began to embrace Lean UX and collaborative design. As a result:
- Their business partners have more involvement and understanding of the UX process because they are co-owners of the design
- Their developers spend less time explaining why the wire-frames can't be implemented because the UX team and developers design together
- The UX team has more time to experiment and re-factor design because their testing process requires less overhead
At the end of 2013, HealthPartners released a major update to the member and patient authenticated experience. The success of this project depended on great user experience design and culture change, something they were able to achieve through constant collaboration and lean practices.
During this presentation, the speakers, Beth McKeever and Heather Bryan, will talk through their process and how they worked within the company to change the culture of building a product. They will take the audience through a hands-on design session on how you can get your organization started with Lean UX and collaborative design.
- Meet and greet with refreshments: 6:30 - 7:00 PM
- Presentation with Q&A: 7:00 - 8:30 PM
About the Speakers
Beth McKeever has been a key part of mobile design and innovation at HealthPartners since 2011. Beth has helped encourage design thinking, lean development practices and user centered design across HealthPartners and in the user experience community at large where she speaks and co-organizes a meet-up group around Lean UX.
Heather Bryan is the Senior User Experience Designer at HealthPartners. She has led user research and experience design efforts informing large scale patient and member-centered web applications. Heather has been a leading force in the shift in team culture and design thinking across the HealthPartners product and web teams.